Friday, November 9, 2007

Starting a blog to save my sanity!

They, whomever "they" is, say that writing your feelings is a great outlet. I have always loved to write, whether it's whimsical short stories from real life events, or pouring my heart out in a long drawn out novel. I have started many of "novels" but my patience wears thin. I thank my kids for that.

I am the happily exhausted mother of 3. Where were my true friends when I said, "I really want to have a baby!" I wish someone would have loaned me their teen for a week.

My kids and my husband are a constant source of writing material for me. They can say and do some of the most ridiculous and wonderful things. Just now, I had to take a break from my first blog to argue with my 6 yr old that there were not 3 little monkeys in the song 12 Days of Christmas. "Yes there is mommy," and she bursts out in her sweet off key voice " 3 little monkyes, 2 turtle doves, and a porridge in a pear tree." I didn't bother to explain that it's a partridge. I ended up downloading the song and proving to her it's 3 french hens. Then, succumbing to defeat that it's not 3 little monkeys, she wanted to know what french hens were. I explained they were like chickens. Now she becomes obstinate and says, "Well, how come they sing about chickens and not monkeys?" I excused myself to use the restroom, came back and she has forgotten, thanks to Nick Jr. being on. I'm sure she will remember her question, probably while I'm driving her to school.

My darling husband, who is a Paramedic Supervisor, is off working. He loves his job, which is an awesome trait. He has been there for 18 yrs now. He has basically grown up at his job. This leaves me with kids almost all the time. But, tonight, the Gods saw how exhausted I am and blessed me with both of my older boys with sleep overs. And tonight the Wizard of Oz is on! Here I have the opportunity to watch a "grown up" show and I'm looking forward to the freaking Wizard of Oz that I have seen a billion times! What in the hell is wrong with me?

I have spent my evening playing Yard Sale with my daughter. She brought out her toys, clothes, her toothbrush, etc. I paid over $1,000 for all her crap and then she tells me that she wants her stuff back! Humpf! Indian Giver!!!

I also want to use this blog as a spot to "preview" a story/novel I'm trying to write. I would love honest opinions. So please, if you get bored and want to read tidbits that I put out there, I would loved feedback, good and bad. Maybe this will give me the incentive to complete it or ditch it.

Thanks for reading my first blog!

Many blessings,
Melody

1 comment:

DeDe said...

i am so happy that you are doing this (just think how therapeutic it will be!)and i will be an avid reader :)